Church Organ

The Organ

Originally built as a two manual instrument by Hill & Son 1875, it was rebuilt in 1913 by Norman & Beard as a three manual and moved to its present position.  Further work was carried out in 1964 by Hill, Norman & Beard including a new drawstop console on the south side of the chancel.

In 2009 & 2010 the organ was restored and enlarged, a solid state system was installed and tonal improvements carried out by Bower & Co.  It was re-dedicated by the Lord Bishop of Norwich on Easter Sunday 2010.  The Opening recital was given by Adrian Lucas, organist of Worcester Cathedral.

A booklet 'The History of the Organ in North Walsham Parish Church' is available from the church,  price £3.00 or by post.

 

 Organ Specification 2011

                       

 

GREAT

 

Contra Geigen

16

Open Diapason I

8

Open Diapson II

8

Rohrflute

8

Principal

4

Chimney Flute

4

Twelfth

2 2/3

Fifteenth

2

Tierce

1 3/5

Mixture

III

Trumpet

8

Clarion

4

Swell to Great

 

Choir to Great

 

Great & Pedal Combinations Coupled

 

 

SWELL

 

Bourdon

16

Open Diapason

8

Hohl Flute

8

Viola da Gamba

8

Voix Celeste

8

Principal

4

Lieblich Flute

4

Super Octave

2

Mixture

IV

Contra Bassoon

16

Oboe

8

Cornopean

8

Tremulant

 

Octave

 

Sub Octave

 

 

CHOIR

 

Stopped Diapason

8

Gamba

8

Leblich Flute

4

Piccolo

2

Larigot

1 1/3

Clarinet

8

Tuba

8

Octave

 

Sub Octave

 

Swell to Choir

 

 

PEDAL

 

Sub Bass

32

Open Wood

16

Geigen

16

Bourdon

16

Principal

8

Bass Flute

8

Fifteenth

4

Mixture

IV

Trombome

16

Great to Pedal

 

Swell to Pedal

 

Choir to Pedal

 

 

 

Accessories

 

Balanced Swell & Choir Pedals

 

6 Pistons to each manual duplicated by toe pistons

 

10 General Pistons

 

Stepper Piston

 

Reversible Pistons for:-

 

Swell to Great

 

Swell to Pedal

 

Great to Pedal

 

Choir to Pedal

 

Pedal Trombone

 

Tuba

 

 

 

Great Trumpet on Choir

 

Swell Bourdon on Pedal

 

Swell Unison Off

 

Choir Unison Off